Fundaniños At a Glance
Fundaniños is a nondenominational, Christian-based Foundation, operating as a children´s home. Fundaniños was legally established as a non-profit organization by the Guatemalan government’s agreement #143 on December 14th, 1993. We are also a registered 501(c)(3) organization in the United States, and all donations are tax deductible.
Our vision and goal is to raise up children who are: Christian, Happy, and Independent.
To accomplish our vision we have implemented the following programs: Medical and Dental Care, Psychological Therapy, Social & Family Assistance, Independence Program, Spiritual Program.
Board of Directors
Guatemalan men and women who watch over the fulfillment of the vision and the stewardship of our resources.
A diverse team of both men and women, Guatemalans and Americans, who work together to execute our vision.
We serve around 60 children, both boys and girls, ages 4-21.
Independence Program 2017
- 13 to 14 years old
- Focuses on planting in the children a vision for their future, developing key habits and skills for personal development such as reading, essay writing, community service, and work ethic through vocational workshops.
- We currently have 8 participants in this phase.
- 15 to 17 years old
- Adolescents in this phase continue practicing habits and skills from Phase I. This phase focuses on deeper skills such as research, developing an understanding of work-life, and entrepreneurship.
- We currently have 4 participants in this phase.
- 18 to 21 years old
- In this phase, adolescents practice being adults. Participants receive an academic scholarship, an allowance to pay for their own basic needs, and independent life is put into practice in terms of chores, meals, and money management.
- We currently have 6 participant in this phase.
Budget Distribution 2017
Care of Children 79%
- (Home Operations) (60%)
- (School) (13%)
- (Independence Program) (6%)
General Administration 21%